Question
Posted by: XG | 2008/01/07

Persistant Itch in buttocks

Hi doctor,

I have this problem of an itch in the buttocks at nights in my sleep, it has been happening for years now. One doctor prescribed medication that reduces the acids in my stomach, that worked for a while.

I am looking for a solution that will eliminate the problem completely as it is ver embarrassing when I am sleeping with a woman.

Dear XG
Keep the area dry and clean, try using Fissan paste on the area to soothe the irritation. It is usually caused by skin irritation or inflammation, worms, anxiety or fungal infections ( especially in diabetics). Ensure that you don't have worms by taking an antihelmintic like Zentel.
You can also read this article: http://www.embarrassingproblems.co.uk/anal_itching.htm

1
Posted by: XG | 2008/01/07

Thank you very much Doctor, I will try your suggested solutions.

Reply to XG