Question
Posted by: joan | 2004/03/03

Persistant cough

I have had a persistant cough for about 5 years. The doctor says i have cough asthma and i am on two inhalers per day,the preventer and reliever. My symptoms are just a cough I rarely,wheeze and produce very little mucus unless I have an infection. At the moment I am taking my inhalers more frequently than usual but hey do not seem to be settling the cough down. I do not have a cold or infection.Would it be worth trying something like the santaspina syrup.

Expert ImageArchive

Cough that is this persistant is normally a sign of allergy or a reaction to medication. Are you using medication for any other condition, such as high blood pressure? You need to see a naturopath to look deeper into your case history or you will still be only addressing the symptom - with natural medicine or not. The cause of the cough needs to be established.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)

1
Posted by: joan | 2004/03/05

Thank you for your reply. I am not on any other medication at all. I can relate the start of my symptoms to when my mother suffered a series of strokes five years ago which left her with dementia. My mother recently passed away and my cough has definitely got worse, so i think there is obviously a link to stress..

Reply to joan