Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2003/02/19

Persistant cough

I have now battled with a persistant cough for over 2 months, after 3 courses of antibiotics, my doctor sent me to the ENT who said that basically he is not qualified to diagonose this problem and did not understand why the doctor refered me etc, he gave me a nose and throat spray to try to stop the coughing but its not helping, what could this be i'm at the end of my tether. I have been for x-rays and the sinuses and lungs are all clear, what could be causing this cough, and ideas would be appreciated

Samantha, it sounds like it might be a “post infection irritation cough”. The best would be to ask your doctor to prescribe you a Seretide® accuhaler and use it twice a day. If it doesn’t clear up the problem within two weeks, the best would be to see a pulmonologist. Good luck.