Question
Posted by: ged | 2007/04/11

Persistant back pain

I injured my lower back about a year ago.I recently went to a chiropractor who figured he could sort out the problem. I had anumber of sessions to no avail. I still suffer back pain when walking. I was told not to run for 3 months, I can manage cycling but not walking for long distances. Will it ever come right? What natural meds can I take to alleviate the pain/inflammation?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Is your back pain as bad as it was when you first consulted the chiropractic doctor? If there is an improvement, then it is advisable to continue with periodic care. If there is absolutely no improvement whatsover - then it may be advisable to consult a neurosurgeon. Natural remedies such as MSM, Arthroguard etc may help some - but if there is a more serious problem you need expert examination and care.