Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/06/14

Perricone Diet

Hi, i have just bought the Perricone Weight Loss Diet book, is there anyone else who has read this book and told me if the diet works. Chicken and Fish are the main source of protein, Frut and Veges are the Fibre and nuts seeds and avo is the fats. What i want to know is what are the portion sizes per meal, espeically for nuts. I know that 25g of nuts per meal is enough on other diets what about this one. And then what i also want to know is that i have been on this meal plan for 3 days now and have been feeling bloated, sore tummy, feels somthing like Spastic Colon. Could this be from the diet? I havent eaten any bread, pasta, potatoes or cereal as the only carbs you allowed is Oats and Legumes. Also the only dairy is Cottage Cheese and Yoghurt.
This morning i had a Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt from Woolworths with a pear which i couldnt finish eating cause my tummy was too sore!

Please help i'm a little lost.

Dear Cindy
From what you say, the Perricone Weight loss diet does not sound too unbalanced as it contains all the food groups except it seems grains and cereals? I find it strange that the author wrote this book without specifying portion sizes. Hope the other Readers can shed some light on this for you. Your bloating could be due to the diet if you are not used to eating legumes and nuts, which can both cause winds. However, you may also just have a tummy bug? See if these symptoms continue and if so, then you may have to change your diet or see a medical dr to determine what is causing your stomach ache.
Hope this clears up