Question
Posted by: Tyna | 2004/10/12

PERIODS NOT REGULAR AFTER COMING OFF BIRTH CONTROL

Dear Gynae Doc or any other ladies.

Please could you help with my query.

I was on birth control pills for one year, when we decided to try and conceive in March this year.

I have never had a problem with my periods before, even before I went on the pill. I have had 2 periods since March this year, with the last one at the beginning of August.

i visited my gynae who checked me and did blood tests - he says that my system is perfectly normal and its just a matter of time before everything regulates itself.

I know that when you come off the pill there are some side-effects, but why have my periods become irregular when I have never had a problem before ?

When can I expect my periods to return to its regular state ( once a month, every 28 days ?)

It should have returned to normal. There is mostlikely another reason for your abnormal periods. I suggest seek a 2nd opinion

1
Posted by: Ann | 2004/10/12

Your periods will regulate itself in +- 6 months, at least mine did.

Reply to Ann