Question
Posted by: Worried over 40 | 2005/12/05

Periods have stopped

Hallo, i have been spotting for about eight months. Been at Gyane and gave me pills, it never stopped and now all of a sudden the spotting is gone and i don't get my periods anymore. Have not had periods for about 3 months now. I am not pregnant. Don't have money to go to Gynae at this stage. Have you got an answer for me please. I am 41 years old and can it perhaps be that it is the end of my periods?

With the story you have given, it does not sound like menopause. It may be that you are not ovulating, or there could be some other problem such as a cyst. You would need to see a doctor to make a diagnosis.