Question
Posted by: marisa | 2007/07/12

periods every day for several months

i am having my periods every day for the last six months. this is making me very tired and nauseous. i have lost lots of weight and have an unhealthy skin colour. i went to see the doctor recently but she says everything is fine.i don't want to be on the pill which is what they keep prescribing

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist and have some tests done. These should include a scan and possibly a D&C.

1
Posted by: daisy | 2007/07/13

I had this problem 2 years ago, and it turned out that I have PCOS. My period was very heavy for 6 months straight. I became anemic. They did an ultrasound, and did a blood test to diagnose the PCOS. I know one thing they tested was my testosterone levels, and they were elevated. Maybe you should ask about that. Good luck!! Another thing could be endometriosis, which I am going to get tested for. Good luck!!

Reply to daisy