Question
Posted by: MELANIE | 2004/11/03

Periods at the wrong time!

Good Morning Pharmacist. Please can you help me. I am on EstroPause (Hormones) and get regular periods every 28 days for 7 days. I am going on holiday at the end of December and get my periods the day we leave!!!! Is there anything that I can take to delay them by about 10 days? By the way, there are no "sugar pills" in the EstroPause pack. Please advise because if I have to go to the Doc for a prescription I will do that.

thanks!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Melanie,

Yes, there are products available on prescription that will effectively delay menstruation, but you will have to speak to your doc first.