Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/12/08

Periods after Nur-Isterate

I have a concern here; I was on an injection for 2 years and my last injection was in October 10 I was suppose to go again on the 1st December 2003 but we want to have a child now and I didn't go. What happen was on the 21st of November I started my periods not heavy ones for 4 days. I haven't had periods for 1 and half year. I read somewhere that after you stop the injection at least periods can start after 3 to 6 months. Doc is there something wrong with me?

Some women have periods immediately after stopping the injection, others do not have periods for longer periods of time. This is a normal variation.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/09

Hi Concerned
I should not be concerned if I was you. The sooner you start with your periods the better.
I was on nuristerate for 10 months and started my period a month after the injection worked itself out = 3 months after the last shot. I fell pregnant within 4 months thereof

Reply to Kippie