Question

Periods after lap

Would just like to know how you periods are after you have done a laparoscopy? I'm a week late, would my periods be irregular and for how long?

The healing process is taking a while for me, my scars are fully healed but I still experience pain on a daily basis. It's been almost 3 weeks

You may have a delayed period the first month after a laparoscopy. Mild pain from the operation is possible for 3 weeks after a laparoscopy, but it may be the underlying problem which is causing the pain.

2
Posted by: breez | 2005/11/24

I bled for a week and a half and then got periods 2 weeks later. They don't nessecarily have to come back exactly when they should. Don't panic. But if it is worrying you terribly call your doc. I didn't have pain that long after only for 2 weeks. have heard of lots of girls battling with pain for a while though. unless it is unbearable pain I would not worry. Hope you feel better soon.

Reply to breez
Posted by: RD | 2005/11/24

When I had my lap done, I bled for about 2 weeks and then started my period the week after that, although I am on the pill. I guess surgery like that may disrupt your cycle for a while, so I wouldn’t worry too much yet. I had my lap on the 25th Oct and I also have pains every now and then, my doc said it could take a while to heal everything.

Reply to RD