Posted by: Tiekie | 2008/10/07


Hi Doc

I am getting married on the 24/1/09 and I calculated that I should start my period on the 21/22-1-09. I' m usually on for about 5 days. I do not use anything as my fiance had a vasectomy three years ago. I used Triphasil until I fell pregnant in 2002. Is there anything that I can use to bring forward my period or postpone it for two weeks? If so could you advise me as when to take it and for how long, and if possible could it be an over the counter purchase from a chemist.

Will really appreciate your help.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You could use Provera, starting 7-10 days be fore your period is due and continueing till you want to have a period. Like all medications, this could have side effects. It needs a prescription.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.