Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2006/04/05

periods

Dear Doc,
I'm 28 years old.
My period blood color is quite LIGHT red this time( not a bright deep red as it should be.
It happened a couple of times before , however I do have a very regular periods.
The only strange thing that the blood color changes from light to deep red and also the length of my period varies each time from 3to 6 days. I would be very grateful if you could comment on this.
Many thanks.

It sounds normal. The colour and amount of bleeding depends on how much uterine lining is shed. If the periods are regular, it is likely that you are ovulating.