Question
Posted by: * | 2004/09/23

Periods

I had an abortion on the 9th June and have not had a period since.
I started the pill a month ago and when it came to the red, I still didnt get a period. I have no pain or feeling bad - what could the problem be,how long should one wait for a period to return.

It is possible that you are pregnant again. I suggest do a preg test and if you are not see a gynae to investigate the problem

2
Posted by: * | 2004/09/27

Ive done a test, its negative, although I am was safe prior to going on the pill. The clinic advised me to use a stronger pill, ie Nordette and see if my periods can be regulated. Surely by not having my periods, i am not ovulating therefore cannot fall pregnant?

Reply to *
Posted by: Carina | 2004/09/24

What did the doctor / midwife at the Abortion Clinic say when you went for your six-week check-up?
I think you need to be sure that you are not still pregnant, especially if it was an early abortion.
A blood test would be a good idea.

Reply to Carina