Question
Posted by: exhausted | 2008/05/29

Period Woes at 42

Hi Gynaedoc

I am not menopausal according to recent blood tests. I'm 42. Not on the pill. A day or two before my period I get the most intense headache and then once my period starts I feel tired to the point that I can barely keep my eyes open. I do not have an iron deficiency, take a really good vitamin and mineral supplement and eat correctly. I realise it must be hormonal, but what exactly and how do I overcome this exhaustion during this time? It affects my peformance at work (for 5 of the 7 days of my period).

I am very prone to thrush (allergic asthmatic) and cannot use any anti-fungal prep as it makes my BP elevate dangerously. For the oral thrush I use Colloidal Silver when it flares up and for downstairs I use 5 drops of tea-tree oil in 15ml of medicinal olive as per the health shop and chemist. The doctor was at his wits end as things started up again after a course of antibiotics for bronchitis even though I took and am taking probiotics. It does help but is the treatment for the vaginal thrush healthy? What else can I do in terms of treating it naturally instead of tea-tree in the oil inserted with a syringe? Its helped but is still there.

I have to be very careful of meds and even natural things due to my allergies so I tried Warbugia which was a no go. How long can you use tea-tree in this way? Should I mix it into K-Y jelly instead or use it neat or what?

Thanks very much,
exhausted

Most women have premenstrual symptoms of some sort. The Pill can even out your cycle, but it is probably not a good idea to start at your age. Otherwise symptomatic treatment is the way to go - Panado ot migraine medication if this is what it is.
Pharmaton is good for tiredness.
In terms of the thrush, I can;t see how vaginal pessaries such as Canesten would raise your blood pressure, as they are not absorbed into the circulation. If you are really allergic to this, then your options are limited. You could douche with yoghurt. This must be yoghurt with live cultures. Tea tree oil should be used as 3-4 drops in a bath

1
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/05/29

I normally soak the tea tree into a tampon and insert that, it seems to do the trick.

Reply to Dee GTC