Question
Posted by: Coral | 2003/03/21

Period twice a month after going of Injection Contraceptive

Doc,

In October of last year I went for the 2 month Injection contraceptive for the first time, and was due for the next one on 6 December. I decided to discontinue this means of contraception and so did not go for this next jab. Subsequently, and to date, I now have a period every 2 weeks! Please advise if I should have a doctor look at this, go on some sort of hormonal therapy, or when I can expect everything to normalise. I have not been using any other means of contraception (nor have I been sexually active) since the Injection in an effort not to interfere with what is already out of synch.

Please advise!

Coral, it should normalise by itself within 2-6 months, but if you’re in a hurry you can start using an oral contraceptive. Good luck.