Question
Posted by: shelly | 2004/01/07

period problems/pelvic pain

I am on Nordette and have been on it for the past 3 years. I always get regular periods for 5-6 days. In November 2003 I only bled for 1 day and was was very slight. In December 2003 I only had a brown discharge no bleeding. My January period was due Monday, the 5th, it arrived yesterday, very slight and today it seems to be going away. In November and December I had nausea very badly and my breast were also very tender. Now the nausea is less bad and my breasts have increased a bit in size. At the moment I have pelvic pains and my insides are soar when I urinate. I have a spastic colon so I don't know if it is that causing the above. I also get heartbrn quite frequently and I hardly ever got it before. The area just above my pelvic bone is also getting harder and the lower part of my stomach is rising upward. I also get sharp, prickly pains in my stomach and naval. I'm also more emotional than usual. I get tired all the time, urinate more frequntly, get hungry allt and am experincing some dizzyness. Do you think I could be pregnant or do I have a hormonal problem?

Pregnancy would certainly be a consideration. Check a pregnancy test before you think of any other problems.