Question
Posted by: kato | 2005/06/29

period problems on minesse pill

Dear Gynae doc,

I have been on Minesse (very low dose estrogen) for around 6 months, and am very happy on it, except for the fact that I haven't had a single period, and now I have started bleeding (lightly) in mid cycle, not at the time I'm supposed to be having my period. Could it have anything to do with a new multivitamin for women I'm on?

I'm a bit confused.

I don't think that it is related to the multivitamin. The Minesse has probably thinned out your uterine lining so much that you do not bleed. As long as you have regular check-ups, it should not be a problem.