Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2007/02/27

Period problems

My period usually lasts 4 - 5 days but only lasted 2 days last week (tues, wed). I am now spotting and have never had it before. A friend at work told me that you can be pregnant and still bleed. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Please advise?

Dear Sarah
This can happen due to normal hormonal fluctuations, or sometimes due to an ovarian cyst. Spotting per se is not dangerous or harmful, just irritating! If it persists you could ask your doctor to look at your contraceptive dose or to refer you to a gyne.