Question
Posted by: Natalia | 2007/12/13

Period & Pregnancy

I am 24 years, started my menstrual cycle at the age of 11. Since getting my period, I have never been regular, I usually miss a few months between each cycle.

I recently had unprotected sex with my partner and took no preventative measures afterwards. After three days, I got my period.

Can I fall pregnant if my period has never been regular?

It sounds like you are n ot ovulating regularly. However, this dfoes not mean that you never ovulate and therefoe could potentially fall pregnant if you happen to have sex at the time of an ovulation, even if this only occurs once every 6 months.

1
Posted by: LL | 2007/12/14

You should go to your doc and get check for PCOS - related to irregular periods which means you dont ovulate as you should.

Yes you could fall pregnant but rather go to your doc as PCOS affects alot of ladies and you need to know if y ou have it.

Im 25, also had irregular periods since I started when i was 12 i think and sometimes skipped for 6 months at a time. have it look at please..

Could one day be the cause of struggling to conceive, if you have information now you could help yourself.

Reply to LL