Question
Posted by: Fi | 2004/01/13

Period pains all the time!

I've been on the pill now for about 4 months (cilest) because I wanted to have lighter periods and reduce the pain that came with them. I also use it as a form of contraception but there seems to be no change. I have also been on microgyon but that made me sick so I came off. Ever since I started my periods (when I was 13, and now I am 17), I have had period pains before and after I bleed, and very intense ovulation pains. It has made it increasingly harder to work or concentrate for long periods of time, and I am starting to think that it could be something serious. Please help....

You could try Ponstan for the period pains. You should start taking it on the day your period starts and carry on for the whole period.