Question
Posted by: girl1 | 2006/11/13

period pains

I have irregular periods.I am 29 yrs old with no children.Since I started having periods,from 11yrs,I have never experienced period pains,but hey just now I have them and my periods take longer.What could cause this and how do I deal with it?I'ts so depressing,because the flow is extremely heavy.PLEASE HELP!!

It may be that you are not ovulating. If you want children now, ther are drugs that can be used to stimulate ovulation. If not, the Pill should regulate your periods, but you need a doctor to assess this.

1
Posted by: Confused | 2006/11/16

Dear Gynea Doc.

I am a little confused about your answer to Girl1. When you get your period, isn't it a sign that you have ovulated? How can you have your periods but are not ovulating? I always thought you menstruate because an egg was released but not fertilized. I would appreciate it very much if you could shed some light on this.

Kind regards.

Reply to Confused