Question
Posted by: nelly | 2007/04/26

period pain - urgent

i would like to know if it is normal to experience pain when you are having your periods i have so much pain it is like i feel faint and nauseas i have to take pain killers to ease the pain at least for days of my cycle then the rest of my cycle is fine i do not bleed to much but the pain kills me i get my cycle every month and on time very regular is there something wrong with me that i suffer so much of pain.

Many women suffer bad period pains for the first day of their cycle. If it settles after this it is probably 'normal'. If it persists throughout your period, it could indicate an underlying problem and you should seek medical help.