Question
Posted by: Curious | 2004/11/25

Period pain s and Pregnant

Hi I am 12 weeks pregnant and my friend is about 8 weks along.
We are both experiencing period pains and need to know if this is normal. Her's is so bad she has taken pain killers prescribed by her doctor.
Is this normal during the first trimester?
Or should we be concerned?

It may be due to stretching of the uterine ligaments but, if you have not had a scan to exclude an ectopic pregnancy, you should do so.

1
Posted by: Erica | 2004/11/25

It doesn't sound normal, if it is necessary to take pain killers. Maybe it would be better to take chamomile tea to relax the smooth muscle in the uterus. (I know for a fact that chamomile tea also helps to soothe pains caused through a spasic colon).

Reply to Erica