Question
Posted by: TTC | 2007/03/07

Period Pain and Pregnancy

Hello Doctor

Could you please tell me if you would receive period like pains if you are pregnant?
I normally experience pain during the second to third day of my period - it is a stabbing pain which feels like it is in my uterus. I have been experiencing the same sort of pain since last night but I have not started bleeding. I normally only feel pain in my second day of bleeding. Do you think it is possible I may be pregnant? I do not know when my next period is due as I have been irregular since going off the pill. My last period was mid January but I have had months of missing my period before.
Thanks so much!

The only way to know if you are pregnant is to do a pregnancy test. Otherwsie you will just be guessing whether this is pregnancy or the start of a period.\\

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/08

It is definately possible to have period cramps when you are pregnant.
I had very severe cramps 2 days before I was expecting my period, and I also only get them after I start my bleed.
4 days later I did a preg test and it was positive and the cramps continued lighlty for the rest of that week, holding thumbs:)

Reply to Maya