Question
Posted by: Lianne | 2005/01/13

Period & Ovulation at same time???

I am on day 12 of my cycle and still bleeding. I have PCOS and skipped the month before. I do ovulation tests regulary to check if I'm ovulating and according to my tests, I ovulated on Day 11. Is this possible even though I still have my period???

I had 2 regular cycles (+/- 23 day Ovulating on Day 10/11) before skipping last month. I normally bleed for +/- 6 days.

The normal period like (fresh) bleeding stopped last week, but I just have a dark brown watery discharge almost like my period but just watery with some clumps in it. (My apologies for being so graphic).

Should I see my gynae or is this normal? I haven't had any sex since day 1 of my cycle, so it cannot be due to this.

Thank for the advice.

It is possible that you ovulated now. I presume that you have had a recent gynae check-up and that the bleeding is not from a problem with the cervix or growths in the womb.