Question
Posted by: hopefull | 2005/07/27

Period / ovulation<br>

I would just like to know does the length of you period have anything to do with the length of your cycle. I had the loop in for 5 years and had it removed about 6 weeks ago. I only got my first period now and it only lasted 4 days - very light period. Is my cycle shorter - as I really want to conceive soon and I can not remember what my cycle was before I had the loop in and I never got a period since the loop was put in. We are really trying for a boy as we have 3 girls already.

No, the cycle length and period length are independent. I presume that you had the Mirena if you didn't have any periods with the loop in. You will have to give things a chance to re-establish themselves. You will only be able to see over the next three months what your cycle is like, but there is no reason why you cannot have regular intercourse in the meantime.