Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2004/11/18

Period intervals getting longer ?

Dear Doc.

Please advise years ago my periods used to come every 40 days
and I asumed that it was becuse I was on the pill. Since I have had 3 children in over 10 years and before my husband had his
vasectomy 2 years ago I used an IUD. My period for the last 5 years used to come every 30 days. 3 Months ago we lost a family member and I was involved in a serious accedent. Our family Doctor desided to prescribe Prozac for my stressed condition. In the last 6 months I have noticed that my periods are
coming later and later, at first I was 2 days late then 3 then 4 then
5 and this month 7 days. It has been 37 days since my last period
and besides PMS I suffer from cramping on and off. Could the Prozac be having an effect on my period cycle.
Sandy

The Prozac would not affect your cycle. Cycles can change by a few days over time. Unless you are concerned about fertility ( which you do not seem to be), this should not be a problem.