Question
Posted by: bambi | 2007/03/14

period disappeared

My menstrual cycle started on 12 march 07 and normally it would be heavy/moderate for 3 and a half days and then dwindles down to spotting for the next 3 days. BUT by the afternoon of the 13th it stopped completely, not even spotting, when at that point it should have still been very heavy. I could just ignore this, but I have a strange bloated feeling in my pelvic and abdominal area and when I removed the last tampon I used on the 13th I felt an instant cramp in the pelvic area - almost like a bad period cramp. I'm worried about this and would really appreciate some feedback as I am uunable to see a gynae in the town I live without having to wait 2+ months for an appointment. I am using minulette birth control pills.

You don't say how long you have been using Minulette, but this can make periods much lighter can can also cause boating.

3
Posted by: Bambi | 2007/03/19

Thank you Gynaedoc and Maya
I've been using Minulette for 4 months now and has never had any side effects. In fact pms has practically disappeared since using it.
i will do a pregnancy test asap.

Reply to Bambi
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/15

It could have been an implantation bleed, that's when a fertilised ovum attaches to the uterine wall. If your period hasn't returned then do a preg test to be sure. If negative, go for a blood test. Remember that gynae's do make room for emergency appointments, so speak to your doctors receptionist and see whether you need an urgent appointment:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: bambi again | 2007/03/14

Dear Gynae doc, i thought to mention that I'm 27 years old - this might be important to you.

Reply to bambi again