Question
Posted by: Tasja | 2004/11/12

Period Cycle all messed up

I am 31 years of age and have been on the pill for many years. My periods where only to start in two weeks time and then it started today. Do I have anything to worry about?

I also had intercouse twice this week with the guy I started dating. He is the first guy I have been with since me and my fiance broke up about 2 years ago. Could this have anything to do with it.

It may not be a period but bleeding from the cervix after intercourse. I would suggest you have a gynae check-up and pap smear.

2
Posted by: Tasja | 2004/11/15

Hi Gynaedoc

If it is bleeding from the cervix after intercourse is this dangerous? I dont have an medical aid is there anyplace else that I can go to except a gynae.

Reply to Tasja
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

If you did not lubricate enough then it is likely to have some bleeding but not quite like a period. Did you perhaps forget to take the pill & cause a withdrawal bleed?

If not then wait to see your next period, it can happen sometimes out of the ordinary.
If the cycle is again disrupted see your doc.

Reply to dr anonymous