Question
Posted by: Katie | 2008/01/31

Period changes

I'm 36 and have been on contraception for a while (currently on Nordette). For the last few months, I have noticed that there is less bleeding every month and for last month and this month its really very light. Usually I start taking the red placebo pills on a Friday and bleed by Monday, but now its Thursday and there's not much going on - in fact I could easily go with one tampon the entire day. I'm definitely not pregnant. Could I be starting towards menopause?
Also, do you think I should go off the pill and what are the side effects for the first few months, besides the obvious?

This is common on the Pill. It thins the lining of the uterus and gives lighter periods. There is no reason to go off the Pill.