Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2004/10/27

Period before "Inactive" Pills

I am 35 and currently using Yasmin as a contraceptive and am concerned that I am not protected against pregnancy because every month my period starts before I reach the "Inactive" pills on my pack. It is always 2 or 3 days before the "Inactive" pills. This has been happening for the last two years ever since I started using Yasmin.

I have recently been married and am now worried that I am not fully protected from pregnancy because of this. I do take the pill at the same time everyday but would just like to know if this is something to be concerned about and if there is anything I need to do. We are not planning on having a baby in the near future and I would like to put my mind at ease knowing that I am protected against pregnancy.

I have tried looking at previous posts but have not been able to find any related questions.

The fact that you are havign breakthrough bleeding does not necessarily mean that the Pill is ineffective in protecting you from pregnancy. You should try taking the Pill at the same time every day. You could also consider changing to a different Pill.