Question
Posted by: bottle | 2008/05/21

period after mornig after pill

Hi, I had a baby 9 weeks ago and hadn't got my period yet when my husband and I had unprotected sex a week ago. Afraid that I didn't know my cycle at all ,I took the morning after pill(Escapelle) about 48 hours later. My pharmacist says that I should get my period about 7 days later. It is now 5 days later and I have no signs of getting my period. In my circumstance is it possible that a morning after pill can actually trigger off the period that I am waiting for after being pregnant?? So if I do not get my period afer the 7 days what am I to do?? Do I think that I am pregnant again or what??

The effects of the morning after pill are variable. Some women have a period soon after taking it, others have their period delayed. the only way to know if you are pregnant is to do a pregnancy test.