Question
Posted by: Pumi | 2007/12/18

Period after miscarriage

Dear Doc
I have miscarried on the 30/11/2007 and I menstruated for about a week and it was strong and now I sometimes have light blood and not like everyday I havent been dry ever since I miscarried ,this was my first pregnancy and I dont know if its normal to have this.
Can you please help me understand.

Pumi

You can have spotting for several weeks after a miscarriage. If it is not getting progressively less, you should go back to your doctor for a check-up.

2
Posted by: Jooles | 2007/12/18

Hi Pumi
It really depends. Did you have a D&C or did you wait for the fetus to come down/out. I had a D&C and had no bleeding at all, just a slight brown discharge. When I went for my checkup a week later (last week) my gynae said that it's normal not to bleed (as I was expecting heavy bleeding) if everything was removed. Sometimes things are left and this will come out as a period. He says that I should expect my period in 3-6 weeks time. Are you waiting on your period to try again as we surely are. Good luck.

Reply to Jooles
Posted by: B | 2007/12/18

Hi there Pumi

I miscarried on 19/11/07. And only started bleeding three days after the mc. I bled for four days, and it stopped. I then started bleeding again four days after I stopped for about two days. And ever since have not bled again. I think it depends on how the mc went.
The doc told mine was a complete mc, although when I went for my checkup after a two weeks, the fetus was still in my tube (it was a ectopic preg, thus the mc).

B

Reply to B