Question
Posted by: lolly | 2004/10/30

Period after injection

Hi. I had my last contraceptive injection 5th Nov last year. So, my next injection was due 5th Feb 2004. I have had no period yet. I was on the injection for about 18 months. My husband and I are having non-protected intercourse - how safe is this? After how long should my periods return? When do I contact the gynae about this? I had a pap smear in May and all was fine.
Please help with some advice. Thanks.

It can take up to a year before your periods return, so if nothing has happened by February, you should see a doctor. You are not necessarily safe as ovulation may start before your period returns.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/11/01

I was also on the injection before I fell pregnant and now after the delivery again.
Periods are supposed to return anything from 4-6 months after you had your last shot, but ofcourse it depends from person to person.
If everything was fine at your last visit, then I'm sure you are okay. I take it you are trying to conceive, in that case I would maybe consider a second opinion.

All the best!

Reply to Kippie