Question
Posted by: Carin | 2005/07/22

Period 2x or more per month

Good evening,
I have decided to go off the pill (Nordiol) in May month as I had started to menstruate at least twice a month since Feb. I thought iff I go off the pill my menstrual cycle will go back to normal (I ALWAYS menstruate for 5 days and never skip). But it actually gets worse now. This month for example I menstruate for 3 days, it goes away for 5 days and suddenly I menstruate for a day and so forth. I also noticed a thick white disharge with blood in between these so called periods. I want to know if I should see a doctor and should be worried about this.

Periods can be irregular for a few months after stopping the Pill, but it sounds like you were having problems even when you were using the Pill, so I think that you should see a doctor.