Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2007/03/05

PERIMENOPAUSE

I was just wondering the effects of black cohosh if used longer than 6 months, as i am in perimenopause and i would like to go the natural route for my symptoms, i am 37 years old and these are my symptoms anxiety, tearfulness, insomnia, mild hot flash or face feels flushed all the time some days, pms gets worse everymonth, sore breasts, very dry skin, feeling of like being drunk or unstable, perspiration (alot). Will essential fatty cids also help me.

Thanx
Monica

Black cohash is a herbal product and has therefore not undergone the stringent safety trials that medications do. At present, the American Association for complementary medicine does not recommend its use for menopausal symptoms. The AMerican College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists feels that it's use may be safe for periods not exceeding 6 months.