Posted by: Jessica | 2010/09/30

peri menopause

I have not been feeling " well"  for a couple of months. I am 44 years old. I have been told there is such a thing as peri menopause and am wondering how one can test for this. I went to see the GP and she said I am too young and didnt do anything about the way I am feeling. To be honest I feel like a hypochondriac but I feel almost desperate to find out " what is wrong" . These are symptoms I have been having and other things I have noticed about myself over the past few months:
Feeling faint/dizzy during the day - had a glucose test which was normal
Needing to urinate more often
I am very moody and tearful
I am on depo so cant notice any change in cycle as I dont have periods
My face gets very hot and red at different times

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You can check hormone levels to see if you are near menopause.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.