Posted by: Mel | 2010/04/07

Peri menopausal

I am 42 years old. I have had strange symptoms lately and have done some research on the internet - is is possible I could be peri menopausal?

I feel very emotional, something I am normally not. (mood swings, cry at the slightest thing)
I feel hot all the time (esp my face) when the rest of the family are complaining they are cold!!!!!!!!!!
My hair is thinning and my scalp is very dry - patchy sometimes

Please can you advise what I can take? I take a multivitamin and calcium.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageNatural health


it is possible. A blood test can also help confirm this. You can try Femular from Flordis.
Usually blood test are done on day 22 of the cycle. this includes Progesterone, Testosterone, Oestradiol, FSH.

Dr Debbie

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.