Question
Posted by: kc | 2005/07/22

Perganancy

i'm 6weeks pregnant and i can't eat at all & get very weak, if i force myself to eat i feel nausea's &want to throw up and always have lot of saliva in my mouth and i actually hate it. Can u may be suggest what to take to stop all this and how long does will it take for me to get back to my normal days of eating what i really like?

I hope that the other respondents have clarified things for you.

4
Posted by: BB | 2005/07/22

Hi kc,

I also had morning sickness, and the only thing that worked for me was drinking alot of Stoney Ginger Beer, or sucking on some ice cubes (at least then you'll get some fluids in!), if nothing else works rather go see your doc about some medication!

Good luck, the nausea will end soon!!

BB
xx

Reply to BB
Posted by: BZ'S Mommy | 2005/07/22

I'm now 11w5d preggies and also battle to eat and have been nausuas for long now, hoping it ends when I'm 12weeks.

My gynae told me not to take my preggy vites until I'm 12 weeks as they make you more sick. He told me to just drink folic acid.

I have seen that if I eat a piece of toast with marmite every morning it helps. You must also try eat small meals through the day as this helps maintain your blood sugar levels and helps you to feel better. Even if its just some provitas or an apple or any other fresh fruit. I see when I have a big meal it does not stay in for long.

Hope this helps. ENJOY YOU PREGNANCY. This is my 3rd.

Reply to BZ'S Mommy
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/22

Congrats on your pregnancy KC!

Different remedies work for diffrent people. I tried everything that people suggested and nothing really worked until I took Vomifen which is specifically for nausea in pregnancy and this seemed to help although nothing will really get rid of the nausea 100% but at least I was able to get little bits of food into my stomach. Perhaps also try to sip cold water with lemon, this is also supposed to help. Be patient, the nausea should stop from 12 weeks. I know it seems forever when you are nauseas but once this stage is over you will enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. Good luck!!

Reply to CC1
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/22

Hi KC!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Although i never suffered any morning sickness, i have heard from the other ladies on the forum that it usually lasts up until 12 Weeks. Also heard that marie biscuits do the trick, and ginger.

If it really is too bad for words then some of the ladies suggest vomifene. But speak to your Gynea before taking any thing.

Just remember it doesn't last too long and it's worth it in the end.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS