Question
Posted by: nn | 2004/10/22

PERFECT JOB BUT DUNNO WHAT TO DO

My have been with my boyfriend for 5 months. We stay together and are engaged. I think we are a great couple and we get on well. He works in the same building as me (not the same company though). He is the manager of the company he works for and he is busy looking for an internal clerk. All the people he has interviewed just don't cut it. He said that the perfect person to hire would be me. I would love that job, as I get to work with him but most importantly I would be getting paid twice as much as I am getting now. I really need to earn more money. The problem is that I don't think it the rest of the company will appreciate me working there and I don't think the main boss will like it very much. My boyfriend said that he would definately hire me, but I don't wanna say yes and get my hopes up and then then he says I cannot work there coz of the politics involved in this.
What should I do?

,,,,,

3
Posted by: MENO | 2004/10/22

Dont do it. It never works to see each other 24/7. Working together is a no-no!

Reply to MENO
Posted by: Kay | 2004/10/22

Be VERY careful. Its all fine and well now but will you be able to seperate your relationship at home from work? Will you think that you can treat your finace differently than all the others because you are involved? Are you prepared for the bitchiness and comments that are bound to do the rounds should you go and work there? And like NM said - what if you guys should (heaven forbid) break up - will you be able to work there then?

Reply to Kay
Posted by: NM | 2004/10/22

Tricky! Maybe you can have a chat with the BIG BOSS. Just bare in mind...if you do take this job and for some reason your relationship doesn't work out, it's going to be impossible to work there.

Will your man be your boss?

Reply to NM