Question
Posted by: louise | 2008/01/23

pep smear reading

i have been suffering with a vaginal infection for 3 years now, my vagina wsa sore everyday whith or without a discharge, i have been to dr;s, everything they prescribed did not work, last week i went for a pep smearand my results are
No malignant cells present
No endocervical component present
Superficial and intermediate squamous cells are present
Doderlein's bacilli are present
The problem is that im sore and uncormfotable as we speak, im going back to the Dr as soon as i get money. in the meantime can you tell me what is wrong from this reading

Dear Louise
There is nothing wrong on this pap smear (although the doctor could have taken it more into the mouth of the womb to get endocervical cells on the smear, which just tests better for cancer. ) Doderlein bacilli should be there. Try using Betadine douche twice a day for a week to 10 days. Instructions on how to use will be with the packet. It is expensive but usually works very well for vaginal infections.