Question
Posted by: SCARY | 2008/01/28

PEOPLE AFTER HIM

A guy who lives in my block is making me scared with the things that he says about gangs etc that want to murder him. He seems to be mentally unstable. He suffers from depression at times. He has medication but does not want to take it. He says not to tell him to take it as it is not working. What do you recommend I do. I don't want him to think I'm going behind his back but something is not right. Who should I approach - at the end of the day he must seek help himself.

If he's simply someone living on the same block, I;'m not sure what you can do about it, except to seek to ignore him and not to get involved with him. If he asks for advice, advise him to see his shrink again ( and to see a shrink if he's only being treated bya GP ) , and to see a different shrink if he feels he doesn't have confidence in the one he is seeing. As you say, he must seek help himself. If there is serious reason to think he is a danger to himself or others,. the police could become involved and rope in a doc to assess him and consider compulsory treatment, but this doesnt reall sound like that sort of situation.

2
Posted by: SCARY | 2008/01/28

I think you're wrong, I don't think there are really people after him but he truly believes it.

Reply to SCARY
Posted by: -|||- | 2008/01/28

I may be very wrong, but is this guy not seeking attention ???

Reply to -|||-