Posted by: worried mom | 2009/04/16

Penis size for 7 yr old child

hi,my son was circumcised as a baby and i always thought the dr took off too much skin.He is an overweight child and his penis is really small,its like withdrawn most of the time and he has this puffy pubic area(fat).He is 60kgs and 137cm.He is forever on a diet but its difficult.What sort of dr can i take him to,is this problem in relation to his weight,can something be done about it and what do you advise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Worried Mom
You can take him to an urologist for an evaluation. Overweight boys sometimes seem to have small penises as the base of the penis is hidden by the fat layer in the pubic area. Maybe you should take him to a pediatrician to see if he does not have underlying medical causes for the obesity. If no physical cause is found, getting a dietician to work out an individual diet for him and getting him onto a structured exercise program may help.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009/04/17

What does he eat? What sport does he do? I' m always curios to know how children develop weight problems.

Reply to Mmmmmm

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.