Posted by: hugo | 2012/04/30


when i have sex with wife my penis doesend wont to be stif anymore.what can that be doc?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Erectile problems may occur for a number of possible reasons, the most problematic of all could be serious health issues and so you need to have a physical check up. It would be useful to know whether you have healthy nocturnal erections, if these are healthy and if all is well on the physical front, it may be that that the difficulty is explained by a psychological block - e.g. fear of sexual failure/poor performance (e.g. losing erection, ejaculating too quickly, partner is not orgasmic or has pain during sex); anger at partner. Psychological factors like this essentially block the normal working of the sexual response and can be addressed through couple work with an experienced professional.

There are treatment options for ED - both pharmaceutical and psychosexual - why not consider some of these option together to see how this can be addressed. It is common that when one partner experiences sexual difficulty the overall intimacy in the relationship declines - this only makes matters worse (e.g. she gets angry with you when you try to 'use' your nocturnal erection when she is sleeping, or feelings of rejection/personalising your avoidance of intimacy)

As a first recommendation - have a physical check up by GP and tell him/her about your erection difficulties at the beginning of the consultation (not as a last comment as many men do!) so that his/her assessment is geared towards this issue. If you gets the all clear, then both of you go to see a health professional with experience in this area.

For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kenneth | 2012/05/02

Why is it that the problem with erection is blamed purely on the part of the male?I havent at all read about a diagnosis questioning the female part being able to make the man`s penis to stay erect.If a woman has a big hole and the man cannot feel her,how is he supposed to keep the erection.

Reply to Kenneth

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.