Question
Posted by: Lana | 2007/07/19

Pelvis Ifection

Good day,

I went to my gynae last week because i had this terrible pain in my abdomen, he did a papsmear and it came back clear.
He even did a sonar wich showed nothing was wrong.

The pain persisted, i went back yesterday he did a urine test to cancel out bladder infection. It ended up to be pelvis infection.
He gave me antibiotics said if the pain is still there on monday i have to go back so that he can do a laparoscopy to see if i do not have Endometriosis.

Can someone PSE tell me what is pelvis infection and what causes it.
Aswell as endometriosis.

Thank You

Pelvic infection is an infection of the womb and tubes. It is usually sexually transmitted. Have a look through the archives for information on endometriosis. It sounds like the diagnosis is uncertain, hence the need for you to return if the pain does not settle.