Question
Posted by: Pegs | 2005/11/21

Pelvic pain when ovulating

Every so often I get the most excrutiaing pelvic pain. It starts in one side, and then expands to cover my whole pelvis. This ususally happens about 2 weeks before menstuation, which leads me to believe it's connected to ovulation. I have gone for a scan at one of these times, and they saw a very tiny bubble on my ovary, but accoriding to the radiologist too small to cause discomfort. Now I am on Nur Istirate, so as not to ovlate, but this month it still happened. My GP said it's spastic colon, and my Gynae sees nothing wrong. It's really interfering with my sex life, what do I do?

The only way to exclude a gynae cause would be with a laparoscopy.

2
Posted by: Pegs | 2005/11/29

Thanks Big-O, it's so comforting to know someone else has this problem and no-one understands!

Reply to Pegs
Posted by: The Big O | 2005/11/23

Pegs - I also get the most excrutiating pain during ovulation but not every month. My gynae told me that the ovary swells and attaches itself somewhere and that pain is when it shrinks back to size and tears away. It really is an indescribable pain so I sympathise with you. May be the Gynae-Doc can shed some light on this. Are we doomed to having our ovaries removed?

Reply to The Big O