Question
Posted by: Nhleks | 2007/08/02

pelvic pain

I have a terrible pain in my abdomen - right about where the ovaries are situated - that just wont go away. This was accompanied by nausea and vomitting before the pain started, but this has since stopped.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with me? I am really freaked out. I know I should go see a doctor - but I fear the worst.

Can those in the know please help

Dear Nhleks
You are quite right, you have to see a doctor - this could be a stone in the urinary tube, a pelvic infection or twisting of an ovary or even appendicitis. But don't expect the worst before you know what the problem is! The sooner it is diagnosed the sooner the problem can be solved.