Question
Posted by: Zynelle | 2003/12/23

Pelvic Pain

Hi Doc,

I don't know if you can remember me complaining about the pains I've been having. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. The pain is now at my pelvic area, it feel's like pins and needles, and sometimes like something is stretching, it goes on for quite a while. I spoke to my gynie over the phone and he suggested I drink citra-soda. My urine doesn't burn but when I empty my bladder sometimes is hurts. Do you think I'm just suffering from pelvic pain due to the stretching and growing of my uterus. And do you think citra soda is safe? I've read on the internet about bladder infections that infect the kidneys and lead to premature labour, I am so afraid of this, I don't want to loose my child.

Thank-you

It is likely that this is just stretching of the ligaments.
Citrosoda is quite safe in pregnancy. If you had a bladder infection, you would have burning and frequency of urination. A kidney infection would cause back pain and a fever.