Question
Posted by: MIMI | 2007/05/11

PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE

I recently had laparoscopy performed since i had irregular periods and wanted to get pregnant. the Gyn found out that i had PID long time ago and it waws not treated and it damaged Fallopian tubes both and He could not get to see the ovaries. i am desparate to have a child and im 30 yrs old. the doctors said the chances to get pregnant is by IVF and now i belive if i can get my periods regular i can get pregnant by my self. what can i use to make my periods regular?

Dear Mimi

Unfortunately even if you succeed in regulating the menstrual cycle or ovulation, faced with the fact that both fallopian tubes are damaged would make natural contraception virtually impossible. You should seriously consider IVF as your next option.